Dollar waits on FOMC
Binary.com Daily Financial Review September 12th 2016
- This morning the dollar waits on FOMC with markets remaining wary of what could be a spectacular September from the FOMC.
- Most analysts are expecting no change, but any unexpected movement could see the dollar skyrocket.
- The dollar shot higher on Friday and is following similar moves this morning.
- The USD/JPY is following suit.
- The dollar pairs are under pressure this morning after heavy selling on Friday, but the EUR/USD is performing relatively well.
- The Australian dollar continues to lag after Friday’s poor Chinese CPI, while the NZD/USD performs in line with other dollar pairs.
Coming up today:
- Coming up today we have FOMC Member Brainard speaking at 18.00.
- The bases seem loaded for a dollar surge at the moment as even if the Fed does not move this month, analysts will be looking for clues to the future and currently these still point to a rate hike at some point.
N.B. This financial market report is intended for educational and information purposes only. It should not be construed as investment or financial advice and you should not rely on any of its content to make or refrain from making any investment decisions. The views expressed in this report are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the views or position of Binary.com. Binary.com accepts no liability whatsoever for any losses incurred by users in their trading. Binary options trading may incur losses as well as gains.