Focus on Bank of England Monetary Policy
Binary.com Daily Financial Review September 15th 2016
- Markets will be eyeing the Bank of England closely today, with the MPC set to release the latest guidance on interest rates. No change is expected, so the real attention will be on forward economic projections. The pound is drifting lower this morning, with corresponding gains made by the EUR/GBP.
- Elsewhere, the dollar index has a positive bias after moderate selling yesterday.
- By contrast, the USD/JPY is pushing lower.
- The Australian dollar remains under pressure after mixed employment data this morning.
Coming up today:
- Coming up today, we have UK retail sales at 09.30.
- This is followed by final European CPI at 10.00.
- From 12.00, we switch to the Bank of England for the rate statement, official bank rate and asset purchase facility.
- Then at 13.30, we get core retail sales, PPI, Philly Fed and unemployment claims.
- Also at 13.30, we have current account data and empire state manufacturing.
- Then at 14.15, we have capacity utilisation and industrial production.
- The AUD/USD has come under recent pressure and today’s heavy set of US data could see this move intensify.
N.B. This financial market report is intended for educational and information purposes only. It should not be construed as investment or financial advice and you should not rely on any of its content to make or refrain from making any investment decisions. The views expressed in this report are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the views or position of Binary.com. Binary.com accepts no liability whatsoever for any losses incurred by users in their trading. Binary options trading may incur losses as well as gains.