Markets Eye UK Employment
Binary.com Daily Financial Review September 14th 2016
- This morning, the British pound is slightly higher after heavy selling yesterday.
- UK PPI, RPI and HPI all came in below expectations, denting fears of an inflation explosion following the Brexit inspired pound devaluation. All eyes are now on claimant count change.
- Underpinning this, the dollar is unchanged after large gains made yesterday.
- The yen pairs are generally on the rise as the dollar continues to dominate. Other yen pairs have a positive bias.
- The euro is showing some relative strength after holding its own yesterday, far outperforming the pound.
- The Australian and New Zealand dollar are pushing higher after hefty losses yesterday.
Coming up today:
- Coming up today, we have UK average earnings index, claimant count change and unemployment rate figures.
- At 13.30, we get US import prices and crude oil inventories at 15.30.
- The EUR/GBP has turned lately as confidence in post-Brexit. There could be further upside from there.
N.B. This financial market report is intended for educational and information purposes only. It should not be construed as investment or financial advice and you should not rely on any of its content to make or refrain from making any investment decisions. The views expressed in this report are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the views or position of Binary.com. Binary.com accepts no liability whatsoever for any losses incurred by users in their trading. Binary options trading may incur losses as well as gains.