Tensions in South China Sea
Binary.com Daily Financial Review July 13th 2016
Morning Report: 10.00 London
- This morning, the Japanese yen is on the rise after a court ruling in favour of the Philippines regarding the sovereignty of islands across the region. The ruling creates uncertainty with regard to China’s reaction as it now faces a humiliating climb down. The USD/JPY is trading lower along with other yen pairs.
- The US dollar is slipping lower as money flows back into the yen.
- The Australian and New Zealand dollar is under pressure on a similar theme as the prospect of military conflict in the region weighs in.
- Meanwhile, the pound continues to perform well following the appointment of Theresa May as the new PM and the prospect of a rapid triggering of article 50.
Coming up today:
- Coming up today we have the Canadian rate statement at 15.00, with the press conference at 16.15.
- US crude oil inventories follow at 15.30.
- The GBP/AUD has rallied these last two days, but the UK has to face two years of uncertainty as it negotiates its release from the EU. Therefore the rally seen over the last two days could be a selling opportunity for the GBP/AUD.
N.B. This financial market report is intended for educational and information purposes only. It should not be construed as investment or financial advice and you should not rely on any of its content to make or refrain from making any investment decisions. The views expressed in this report are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the views or position of Binary.com. Binary.com accepts no liability whatsoever for any losses incurred by users in their trading. Binary options trading may incur losses as well as gains.