Over the years, the trading market has gained immense popularity. Let’s consider the scenario prevalent a decade back. We will realize how only bog players and corporations used to participate in trading while common people or small businesses refrained from doing so. The main reason for this action was the high volatility of the market, which has skyrocketed at the present time, and the lack of trading options.
But now, everyone has access to the forex market, cryptocurrency market, CFD trading & asset trading. Thus, endless options and the unexpected paradigm of the price movements combinedly pulled in traders in the current era.
There are many forms of trading like day trading, overnight trading, and more. However, the concept of binary options trading has become more prevalent amongst traders who wish to initiate an easy trade position that can be closed at any time they want. In this forthcoming article, we will illustrate some of the major factors of binary options trading while keeping our focus centrally on price action strategies and their applications in binary trading.
What is binary options trading?
Whenever you have to initiate a trade based on a certain time period, the risk levels and uncertainty escalate beyond anyone’s comparison. Now, despite having different ways to mitigate the risks, it’s not easy to escape the clutches of the price movements, especially when you have left a position open in the trade market overnight. There are many ways which initiate a trade with simpler terms and conditions, out of which binary options trading is more convenient and easier to implement.
So, what is this form of binary options trading?
To understand this, let’s assume you are a trader and you have to invest in financial assets whose price is about to fluctuate. Now, you will open a trading position based on whether the asset price will increase or not. Thus, you will have two answers- yes and no. If the trade bid matches your answer, then you will gain the investment money and the returns. If not, then you will lose the entire investment.
So, instead of constantly keeping your eyes on the trade market or worrying about sudden price movements, it’s better to choose a trading option where you won’t have multiple scenarios. In binary trading, whether you will get the full investment or nothing by the time period. Even though binary options trading sound to be wonderful, there are some challenges that need to be addressed at the earliest.
Challenges faced in binary options trading
- One of the biggest challenges that a trader will face with binary options trading is the right time of exit. Unless and until your position is closed, the assets you have put up on the bid will be at higher risk. As a result, you need to close the position at the right time so that the market price doesn’t move against your prediction for the binary trade.
- Another major challenging aspect of binary options trading is choosing the right trade. If you aren’t able to pick out the asset properly whose actual price has a tendency to move in the expected direction, you won’t be able to get any investment return.
- Finding the right strategy to proceed with binary options trading sounds to be easy, but in reality, it is one of the toughest jobs a trader has to do. With the wrong trade, not only all your investments will go down the drain, but also you will be risking the current asset holding.
These are just a few examples of how binary options trading is so difficult to master. It’s not just a true and false round where you can pretty much give the right answers to all the questions. Instead, here your answer will be based on the market analysis and the total funds you have put into place.
Can price action strategies solve the pain points of binary trading?
There are many techniques in which you can successfully initiate the binary trade and make an exit right at the desired time. Out of all these techniques, price action has gained outstanding popularity in the past decade.
Here, you need to analyze the market, and then, based on what you have analyzed, the decision will be made about whether the binary option you have chosen for the trade is at all lucrative or not. One of the main reasons why most traders prefer to use this particular strategy for binary options trading is the flexibility of giving out the answers, and the lack of involvement of the technical indicators that are not only hard to understand but also mastering the art of prediction is extremely difficult.
There are two steps you have to complete before you place the bid and open the position in the desired trading market. These are:
- The first thing you need to be worried about is the proper identification of the scenarios pertaining to the trade market. For example, breakouts, price drops, surcharges, and more are some of the examples of scenarios you need to find post thorough market analysis.
- Once you have identified the scenario for price action, you need to identify the options you have for trading within that scenario. For example, let’s say your chosen scenario is Bull Run, and it has only two options- overshoot for positive movements and the retreat option for negative movements.
What are the top price action strategies that can be used?
There are several different strategies one can use for price actions and win the overall binary options trades that are still open in the market. Each binary strategy will help you in varied market conditions, which is why knowing more about them in-depth sounds to be feasible. In this below section, we have illustrated different strategies you can put into place for the price actions that will help you get the investment back for binary options trading.
1. Pin bar
Pin bar or the candlestick technique is one of the most definitive approaches a binary trader can implement in his trading strategies. Here, all the trades will be represented in the form of candles, some with upright wicks or tails while others come with the inverter one.
Usually, this chain will represent how much prices have been rejected and the sharp changes or reversal of the price action movement. Rejected prices can be easily determined by how long the candle tail is.
2. Price action trend
One of the best ways of binary options trading through price action strategy is via studying the market trends and understanding how the prices are changing. Even though this particular technique is more on the traditional side of trading, it can yield outstanding results. All you have to know is how to read the trends and ensure whether you want to buy the assets or sell them.
(Risk warning: Your capital can be at risk)
3. Inside bar
Another amazing binary options trading strategy through price action is the inside bar strategy. Here, along with our mother bar, will precede an inside bar. Usually, the inside bar will be smaller in size and within the high and low limits of the preceding bar.
It represents either the market has witnessed a recent consolidation or the trend is going to change at the earliest time. If you are a pro trader, you can easily identify these inside bars and tell whether the shift in trend is going to happen or not.
4. Trend following breakout entry
To implement the breakout entry price action strategy appropriately, you need to understand the concept of support and resistance in binary trading. When the uptrend is increasing a lot, a sudden point will come when the price movement becomes stagnant. This pause is termed the resistance line.
On the other hand, when the downtrend starts falling below the threshold, it will become stagnant at the support line. If the price movement occurs beyond the resistance or support line, it is known to be a breakout. Based on this, the trader will decide whether to open a long position and buy the assets or a short position for selling the assets.
5. Head and shoulders reversal trade
In the head and shoulder reversal trade method, the price movement occurs in a very peculiar method. First, the price will normally increase till it reaches the resistance line, and then it will fall. This section is termed the shoulder region. Now, the price will increase beyond the resistance line and again suffer a sharp decline. This section is known as the head region. After this, the price will rise but gradually, forming the shoulder region. The study of reversal points: from shoulder to head – will determine whether you should open a long or a short position.
6. Trend following retracement entry
The trend retracement entry is one of the best price action strategies that need to be applied when the highs or lows are consistent with no sign of reversal. If the price is moving in the lower region, the trader needs to open a short position and sell the assets for having the best investment return. On the other hand, when the highs and lows are incrementing, the trader will open the long position and buy in the assets.
7. The sequences of high and low
To understand the price actions in the best possible manner, it is crucial to study the highs and lows. If the graph shows consistently rising highs and lows, it is an uptrend, whereas, lower highs and lows, it will indicate a downtrend. For the uptrend, a long position needs to be opened for buying the assets, while during the downtrend, a shorter position will be opened for selling the assets.
(Risk warning: Your capital can be at risk)
In what ways the price action strategies will be helpful for binary trading?
There are many reasons owing to which price action strategies are preferred so much for binary options trading. In this below section, we will list down some of its benefits so that you can understand easily how it will help you make the best out of price movement and its reversal.
- With the help of price actions, you can easily realize how the price movement is happening in the trends in the trade market. Therefore, you will stay informed without having to worry about sudden price movements that you aren’t aware of.
- This is one of the traditional trading strategies that traders are still using. It not only helps you keep an eye on the price movements but understand the core of a trading market and how the highs and lows are reversing.
- With the simple track of the highs and lows, you will be able to know whether you should open a long position for buying the assets or a short position to sell them.
- When you have range-bound conditions prevailing in the market, the price action strategies will help you get the right assumption for binary options trading.
- There is no involvement of technical indicators, and hence you won’t have to work a lot on understanding the calculations and then use them to predict the binary trade.
Conclusion – Price action strategies are highly beneficial to find the right entries
Binary options trading is one of the simplest trading forms that will help you get investment returns easily, provided you haven’t predicted the wrong outcome. There is no intermediate result you need to worry about. Either your prediction will give you the investment, or you will lose all the assets with which you have placed the bids.
Therefore, studying the market with price action strategies will help you a lot in understanding how the current asset prices are shifting, their reversals, trends followed in the market, and more. This study will give you more leverage in deciding which type of position you need to open and whether you have to buy the assets or sell them.
(Risk warning: Your capital can be at risk)
Are there any challenges to price action strategies for binary trading?
Yes, the price action strategies do have some constraints, out of which the prediction forms are the biggest challenge. If your understanding of the price movements is wrong, your prediction will also be wrong. As a result, you won’t be able to get the investment from binary options trading.
Is price action strategy good for professional binary traders?
Yes, the price action strategies can be used by both professional and beginner binary traders because they implicate the core of the trading market- price movements and trend reversal.